• Region:
  • BC

Recreational Insurance

Do you have an RV, a camping trailer, ATVs, or other vehicles you use recreationally? These types of assets represent a sizeable investment. Protect yourself, and get recreational insurance.

Recreational Insurance

For those “Weekend Warriors” that look forward to heading out for fun and adventure, we have coverages to protect all of your “big boy” toys. Whether you are an adventure enthusiast trekking through the back-country on your ATV, or relaxing by the lake in your motorhome, we provide a wide range of insurance products to keep your adventures worry-free. We can provide coverage for motorhomes, fifth wheels, travel trailers, ATV’s, dirt/trail bikes, and snowmobiles.

Motorhome, Fifth wheel & Travel Trailer

The above recreational vehicles are required to carry government insurance when travelling on roads and highways. Additional insurance can be provided to cover physical damage including glass, personal contents, replacement cost and emergency roadside assistance.

Off-Road Vehicles

Off-road vehicle insurance is coverage which is essential for anyone planning to operate their ATV, dirt bikes or snowmobile. As of November 1st, 2015, many types of off-road vehicles like dirt bikes and all-terrain vehicles (ATVs) must be registered and insured if operated on crown land or forestry roads. In addition to insurance coverage available from ICBC, Sussex Insurance offers Oasis Insurance ‘Got Toys’, an insurance program for snowmobiles, quads (ATVs) and dirt/trail bikes.

Looking for more information or for a FREE quote?

If you are looking to insure your recreational or off-road vehicle,  contact our Insurance Service Centre at 604-973-1000 / 1-855-578-7739 or click here for a FREE quote, our insurance experts will be happy to help you.

Have Questions?

If you have questions about registering your recreational vehicle, refer to the links below or contact one of our Sussex Insurance Locations.

Important Links – Off-Road vehicles:

Off-Road Vehicle Act and Regulations BC



Vehicles restricted to incidental hwy operation.pdf